Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top 8 of '08, with Guest Blogger Pamela Patchet







Who better to follow the sly and sexy CC Humphreys than the wickedly funny and on-point writer Pamela Patchet?





Pamela has had stories published in the Globe & Mail and many other local and national publications and she is a multi-year winner of the Bulwer-Lytton Literary Competition (the funniest contest around). She is, hands down, the best story-teller I know.

Pamela is also an avid blogger, and as A Novel Woman, she shares both stories that will make you laugh until you weep and astonishingly beautiful photography.

Never one to do anything half-way, our Pamela has come up with not one, but TWO Top 8 lists. Let's have a wee peek, shall we?

I had to think about what I was going to blog about.....food, photos, books, movies, food. I decided to talk about some of my favourite reads.

But if I were doing food, it would be:

1. Homemade crackers with Cyprus Flake sea salt and sesame seeds

2. Crab rollups with wasabi


3. Lasagna with hot Italian sausage and Secret Sauce


4. Potato and corn chowder


5. Laura's chocolate flourless cake


6. Italian almond macaroons


7. Nana's Irish Soda Bread


8. Poutine and steamies (I'm being honest here)


(I have recipes for all but the last entry. For #8 you'll have to come visit me here in Montreal and then I will FORCE myself to go out with you and order some from La Belle Province.)

Okay, favourite reads of 2008...


Aha! Interested in Pam's favourite books of 2008? If I tell you that her number one spot goes to a David Sedaris book...will you be surprised? Well, linger no longer, dear reader -- find out more HERE at Pamela's blog.

And perhaps one day, if you are very, very, lucky, she will tell you the story of David Sedaris, myself...and the placenta.

~kc

No comments: