Friday, August 31, 2007

Chocolate and Chat


I LOVE this picture.


Meaghan took this shot, on a beautiful summer day, of James McCann discussing his books (RANCOUR & PYRE) with fellow author Meg Tilly and her partner Don.


This shot was taken at the second of our Chocolate & Chat Teacher Appreciation Travelling Road Show events. The Road Show found us at Edgemont Kidsbooks in North Vancouver for this particular event, and because the day was so beautiful, we set up our books outside. Meaghan was sitting behind the book display table when she took this shot. We had a great time talking with people who dropped by, and everyone (teacher or not) got their share of chocolate and chatting.


We have four more teacher appreciation events coming up on September 30 and October 1 in the Chapters stores in Surrey, Langley; the Park Royal Indigo in West Vancouver and the Chapters at Granville and West Broadway in Vancouver.

Please come to see us! We're launching our new books, but we are also sharing ideas with teachers as to how to get authors into the classroom. (And don't forget the chocolate!)

~kc

2 comments:

Deborah Small said...

Ack! Your books, _and_ chocolate, and I CAN'T BE THERE. Life is so unfair sometimes. I take comfort in knowing I'll see you (and I'm sure, eat something chocolate) in 47 sleeps. Surrey, here I come!

Deb

kc dyer said...

Hey Deb!

I'll put that on my list..."Ensure there is chocolate at SiWC". (Definitely for the par-tay, anyway...)

See you there!

~kc