Friday, September 18, 2009

Busy Fall...SiWC 2009 Road Show

Hey. September has launched like a cherry bomb in the school bathroom, and things are suddenly really nuts around here.

First among nuttiness is that my lovely website re-design was supposed to be up and running by now, but alas...image problems have slowed the process drastically. So we keep on keeping on, and when it's up and running, we'll have a contest to celebrate!

Now, let's see...where to begin. A couple of upcoming events should do, and I will add to the list as soon as I am able.

The most important right now is the SiWC Road Show. I'm putting on my wandering minstrel shoes and heading around the Lower Mainland (and Northern Washington state) to visit book clubs, universities, creative writing classes, high schools...you name it, to talk about the Surrey International Writers' Conference.

Mostly doing this to help spread the word about this amazing conference, and make sure we have a sell-out again this year. You can read more about the conference at www.siwc.ca or if you are interested in having me come and speak to your group for an hour (no charge, will bring own Diet Coke), drop me a line in the comments and we can connect.

The plan is to go out the last week of September/first week of October, as SiWC 2009 is October 23-25th this year.  I've already got gigs coming in, so get in touch soon and I'll make sure I find time to get your group on the Road Tour!

I'm now officially the Writer In Residence at New Westminster Secondary School this fall, so I'll be posting about that excitement very soon. Also CWILL BC's Fall Book Harvest is just around the corner -- more on that soon, too.

So much going on!

~kc

No comments: