Monday, September 29, 2008

Kootenay Tour -- Day One



Flew into Castlegar yesterday afternoon. Truly a surreal final approach -- apparently they only do it in daylight and if the weather is fine. The flight is through a mountain pass, with a tight circle at the end and then the landing -- breath-taking. Someone who lives in Castlegar today told me that she swears she can see the squirrels on the trees as she flies in...

This is a view of the sky as I drove from Castlegar to Grand Forks -- about an hour through a winding pass. Lovely -- though I spent the entire time with my eye glued to the trees for deer.


This is a shot of the road at sunset.

The Kootenays are a rare and beautiful part of the Rockies. I am feeling very priveleged to be invited to speak in this amazing part of the world.

Two (and a half) gigs today -- more on that in tomorrow's post.



~kc
...and have you checked our SiWC blog lately?

No comments: