Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Berlin Reunion

Man -- blogging's been a bit sporadic lately, and poor Darby's not been blogging at all. So much to do for the conference -- hoping to get back to a more regular schedule shortly.


In the meantime, enjoy the spectacle of these remarkable pictures -- a French production, to celebrate [can it be?] 20 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall.

The Berlin Wall was erected right around the time I was born, and I remember rejoicing when it fell, just before the birth of my daughter. I thought hers a much more auspicious time to be entering the world than my own. The world has changed so much since she entered it, and tho' she is not yet quite 19 and a 1/2...this celebration still touches me, on her behalf.

For, whatever has happened since, the world is a better place now that the wall is down. And these magnificent puppets -- well, they just took my breath away. The detail...truly awe-inspiring.

Enjoy. [via The Big Picture in The Boston Post]

The Berlin Reunion.

~kc

No comments: