Sunday, March 09, 2008

Signs of Spring...


Note to all my friends in the Great White East (especially A Novel Woman, adrift in Montreal)-- Physical evidence that springtime will come again: these crocuses (croci?) have pushed their way through the muck in the woods above my house in the last day or two. Sending warm western winds your way!


Spent much of the day struggling with the computer transfer. Most things going smoothly -- managed to network the old computer and the new to the ADSL today, AND I learned how to import images directly from my camera into Iphoto. But I have still not figured out how to export/import my address book to Mac Mail. Somewhere there has to be a video tutorial for this.

I think I will break down and buy the OSX Leopard for Dummies book tomorrow. However, I am now so spoiled by the speed and ease of the Mac that when Blogger took longer than usual to load the accompanying photos, I found myself quite perturbed. How quickly we forget...

In dog news, I made some progress today with distracting the noble beast (at right) from jumping up on people at the park. I can't seem to train him OUT of anything, so instead am focusing on 'Come' and 'Sit', reinforced with bacon-bit bribery every time he looks like he might want to greet a passer-by with a leaping French Kiss (his specialty). Met with moderate success. Seamus is very excited about the new training regimen, as he is such a good boy, he also scores bacon-bit benefits. The joys of being the well-behaved big brother!

A final peek at spring -- my neighbour's cherry tree, just beginning to break into blossom...




~kc

No comments: