Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Big Push

Ah, November.

Last year at this time, I stopped the work I was doing on my Canadian historical fiction story (since completed as A WALK THROUGH THE WINDOW) and put a big push on to write a story that had been chewing in my brain like worms through wood. That story will be published this spring (May -June, 2007) as MS. ZEPHYR'S NOTEBOOK. I'm thrilled by this, as the story is quite different than much of my other published work. It is a story aimed at contemporary teens -- no magic or time travel. More on that soon.

But November is here again, and this time, my the first book in my latest series is getting put aside, so I can give WISHFUL THINKING the big push. This is another departure, as this story is a bit of political satire wrapped up in a mystery. It's also aimed at adults. I've had it on the back burner for almost five years, but now it's going to get the November Treatment.

We'll see if we both survive.

~kc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The November Treatment. I like that. Sounds like a literary spa.
:-)
Nice blog btw!

Helene B