Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sayonara Moose...

Canada's Blogging and Social Media Conference

The Moose is no longer loose, but penned up inside his computer for another year. Northern Voice 2008 is history, but from all accounts (including my own) it was a marvellous success.

I had a great time on the 'Authors Who Blog' panel today, if only because all the folks who really know what they are doing out there in the ether very politely made room for those of us who have just dipped a toe in the blogging pool. I had a gas chatting with the other panellists, and send a big shout out to Monique Trottier for a job absolutely well done.

This conference served to show me that there is a whole culture out there of which I know only a fraction of a fractile. But it was kinda cool, and I had a lot of fun scraping up whatever orts of knowledge I could comprehend.

As a result I missed Serendipty for another year, though, and it sounds like it was a terrific event. First Nations theme this year, and as the reviews trickle in, it seems like everyone had fun. Big cheers to the Vancouver Children's Roundtable for another successful event.

I have two school events lined up for this week, but will update later...I'm sorely in need of a little recovery time.

~kc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thank you for a great session. It was very refreshing to see blogging discussed from a non-technical, author's (well, authors') perspective. I was the annoying guy taking pictures to your right in the back of the room - hope that wasn't too distracting for any of you. If you'd like to see the results of that, I've posted a few to my Flickr set - http://flickr.com/photos/peterandersen/sets/72157603966358822/ - feel free to pass that link along to the rest of the panel, and thanks again!

kc dyer said...

Hey Peter,

Thanks for your feedback. I had a lot of fun with the group. I'll go check out your pictures, too -- thanks!

~kc