Got an email from my editor, Barry Jowett, today.
He was holding my new book in his hands. He likes it. I hope I like it!
I can't wait to see it, I know that much.
Soon -- in time for this Saturday's Spring Book Hatching, I hope.
So, I don't have new book euphoria just yet, but I _almost_ have completed book euphoria. DEADLINE is now 100,000 words when I thought it was going to be 85, but it is a mere couple of pages from being finished. Had a great writing day today and hoping tomorrow brings the euphoria. Hope with me. Chant with me -- Charlie's mantra: Stay Calm, Staying Calm.
Much happening this week:
- MS. ZEPHYR becomes a book. (It was not supposed to happen until tomorrow, but it actually happened one day early!)
- Spring Book Hatching on Saturday
- Flying to Toronto Saturday night
- Book Expo on Sunday and Monday, with CCBC launch of Ms. Z and signing at the Dundurn booth lined up, along with meetings of many friends from afar.
- Somewhere in there I have to fit in DEADLINE becoming (if not a book) a completed ms.
- Plus all the things I have to do before I leave for Toronto.
Why yes -- it is.
I love my job.