Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Day with Anita...Day Two

Met up with my friend, Manitoba writer Anita Daher last night. Anita is the author of a bunch of great books for kids and teens including (most recently) SPIDER'S SONG and TWO FOOT PUNCH. She's touring Ontario during Book Week as well, and today was off to London and environs.


But last night we went for dinner at a Nepalese-Indian restaurant on Yonge Street. GREAT food. It turned out to be the first meal of the day for both of us, so we had quite a feast. I enjoyed a whole selection of vegetarian delicacies on my sampling platter (curried chickpeas, Gobi Aloo), and Anita bravely ate goat for the first time ever.


(This is NOT Anita's goat. She insists hers was much tastier... and I can vouch it had a little less beard and almost entirely no bell.)

Today we got a little lost in downtown Toronto (which, strangely enough, has happened before), finally found bookstores, signed whatever stock we could get our hands on to sign, (Eaton Centre Indigo and the World's Biggest Boookstore now have signed copies, if you are looking for 'em) and bid each other adieu until later in the week.

If you want to get your hands on Anita's fabulous new book TWO FOOT PUNCH, which is the only fiction out there right now on the subject of Parkour (and a fabulous book it is, I might add), my suggestion to you is to order it pdq from your nearest bookstore. While you are at it, you might suggest they bring in a few extra copies -- this book was sold out on Amazon before it even officially launched -- and the bookstore owners will thank you for the sure sales that will result.


Tomorrow brings an early start and four presentations, plus one tv interview. I'll let you know how it goes...


~kc

4 comments:

James Bow said...

Are you going to be around for Marsha's Toronto launch on Wednesday? If so, I'll see you there. Perhaps we could have a coffee or a light dinner before hand, with any other Kidscrit person you happen to be with at the time?

Julie K said...

Dude, you and Anita loose in Toronto together? Wow, the town won't know what hit it! Have fun, and give everyone hugs for me!!

kc dyer said...

Hey James,

Yep -- I'm going. I'm coming straight back from King City, though, so I'll be a bit late, so meeting before-hand is out, I'm afraid. See you there!

~kc

kc dyer said...

Sure will, Jules!

I don't think Anita will make it back on time for Marsha's event tomorrow night, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And there should be other kidcritters there (ie, James, fer sure), so I will hug everyone in sight for you!

~kc