Friday, April 11, 2008

What to Choose, What to Choose...

Things are hopping around here lately. So much going on...I think I may just have to do a bit of round-up.




First, and most importantly, I have just this week fallen for the remarkable Tim Minchin, Aussie comic and musician. IF you are over 18, I might suggest the YouTube version of Inflatable You, performed at the Royal Albert Hall for a recent Think Pink Breast Cancer fundraiser.

Incredible.




Now, what's next?

Well, it's BC Book Prizes time, and this coming Saturday is the big soiree, held at the Metropolitan Hotel in Vancouver from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. This event is a freebie, and it's a chance for you to meet and mingle with the province's literati.


There are still a few tickets left to the actual prize night Gala on April 26th. Dinner, award ceremony and entertainment will set you back $70, but it should be an elegant evening. Fanny Kiefer will emcee.

I'll be there supporting Meg Tilly and Kari-Lyn Winters -- both friends and incredible writers.

Both of these events are a chance to meet your favourite writers up close and in person.

There's more to talk about (always...) but I am going to spend Saturday with two of my favourite writers (and SiWC 2008 Contest VIPs) KC (in upper case, this time) and RH, so I have to get ready for that.

Will report back upon my return.

~kc

2 comments:

Susan Adrian said...

Have a GREAT time! Lift a glass for me. :)

kc dyer said...

We did. Thanks, Suze!

~kc