Friday, October 03, 2008

Kootenay Tour -- Cranbrook, Day Five



Stayed at the CPR B&B ---and that is CPR, as in Canadian Pacific Railway, not Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation. Amazing place -- was built to house the family of the CPR supervisor more than 100 years ago. It has been lovingly restored by Rose & Don, who made me feel very welcome. (And, in addition to the shot I posted yesterday, as you can see here, there was a second chandelier in my room.)


First view of the Rockies from Cranbrook -- no snow yet!

I was supposed to meet librarian Deanne Perrault at the Cranbrook Public Library, but as I was loading my car with books at the B&B she walked by me on the street and stopped to say hello.

We had a great time driving around the city together and visited both Parkland Middle School and Laurie Middle School.

Many thanks to Deeanne, and all the teachers and kids for making my visit to Cranbrook such a cheery one.

Here's a peek at the Cranbrook sunset that sped me down the road to Fernie...

~kc

No comments: