Saturday, October 04, 2008

Kootenay Tour -- Fernie -- Last Day

Fernie's lovely library ...


I have weather karma -- no denying. I spent the last day of my tour in Fernie, under clear skies and beautiful fall weather, and then flew home into the deluge.

Huge thanks to Emma for making my time in Fernie terrific, and to the kids who made me feel welcome and at home.

A few memories of my stay in this beautiful Kootenay town:

The vistas, courtesy of the Rocky Mountains...



The Elk River, which runs through town and gives its name to the valley in which Fernie nestles.
And, of course, this sign made me feel like I was back in Lions Bay!

Now I am back, happy to be home; grateful and delighted to have been able to meet all the kids, teachers and librarians on this tour. Thanks again to Leanne Strang of the Kootenay Library Federation for organizing everything and making it all possible.

~kc

No comments: