Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Coquitlam & Surrey


Busy day yesterday. It was Literacy Day at Hillcrest Middle School in Coquitlam, BC, so I hied myself over there for a chat with the Grade 8 classes.

I had two groups to talk to -- the first had more than 100 kids and the second ...maybe around 60 or so. For such large groups, they were beautifully behaved and I was made to feel very welcome!

Many thanks to librarian Pam Fedoruk and all the kids and teachers at Hillcrest for a fun day.


After a short trip home, I headed back out, this time with Surrey as my destination. Surrey's become my second home in the Lower Mainland over the past few years and it looks like things will continue that way for a while. Yep...I did it.

While I'm talking about the SiWC blog, we are having our first book giveaway over there, and it's really easy to be eligible to win. Hop on over and have a peek!


~kc

No comments: