Saturday, November 08, 2008

SCBWI Visit and Ghosts from Conference Past

Had a lovely conversation today with some of the members of the local SCBWI chapter -- the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. New president Ken Kilback invited me to speak and I really enjoyed chatting with the group of both new and experienced writers. I've known Ken for years through his attendance at the Surrey International Writers' Conference, and it was a lot of fun to meet and exchange ideas with this group today. Thanks to Ken and Diana and Loretta and all the rest for inviting me ...AND taking me to lunch!

Debbie Hodge was the afternoon speaker, and it was great to touch base with her and tell her how much I enjoy her blog. She's just back from Shanghai, and if you'd like to see some fabulous pictures -- head over here: Deborah Hodge's Blog.

And just since I am feeling a little nostalgic for All Hallow's Eve... Here's a shot of what my end-table looked like during my stay at SiWC 2008...



~kc

2 comments:

Deborah Hodge said...

Hi kc,

It was great to chat with you yesterday, too. Thanks so much for the plug and for your help with my novice blogging. It's so much fun!

Debbie

kc dyer said...

Thanks, Debbie!

Kind of addictive, eh...?

~kc