Kathy, my dear friend, is a writer, mother, teacher, classic Celtic beauty and valued Surrey International Writing Conference Contest Assistant. Was she does not do yet is blog -- though I'm sure I'll grab her and reel her in one of these days...
[taps toe again...]
Well, that was quick!
Here is a guest post from the new blogger, Kathy Chung, highlighting her top 8 locations of the year:
- My living room, where I was sitting when I wrote ‘The End’ on my first completed manuscript in June, read the winning entries of the storyteller category of the SiWC writing contest, and cuddled with my family.
- The tiny, West Highland village of Shieldaig, where I walked in the footsteps of my ancestors and sat in the very lounge where my great great grandmother lived and worked for most of her adult life.
- Gateway Theatre, where my shy little girl radiated total confidence in her annual ballet show in front of 500 people. She amazed me.
- The playing field outside Fort William, at the Lochaber Highland Games, where I listened to a high school pipe band play “Scotland the Brave” and marvelled that I was finally there and completely at home.
- YVR [code for Vancouver International Airport, of course...] for all the comings and goings, including our departure for Scotland.
- The Sheraton Guildford Hotel in Surrey, BC, where I spent my annual favourite weekend at the SiWC.
- Victoria, because one of my favourite cities is home to my best friend and a host of happy memories.
- My email inbox – not technically a place, I suppose, but a significant location nonetheless where I found friendship, ongoing conversation, and daily enjoyment of the people I am lucky to have in my life.