Saturday, May 12, 2007

Not Ready to Make Nice...

Spent the morning poolside, alternately watching my girl get a best time in 100 m breast stroke (who knew?) and continuing my quest to sort programming, invitations and vast quantities of Surrey Conference email .


Paused this afternoon to watch the boy's team get trounced in lacrosse [sigh -- but I think he had fun, anyway] and have a quick peek at SHUT UP AND SING, the documentary about the Dixie Chicks travails over the past few years.
Interesting viewing.
In spite of being born and reared a red-neck Albertan, I grew up in the age of anthemic rock, so country music was a closed book to me. However, today I enjoyed watching these women find their way through the morass created as a result of something that was originally meant as a bit of an attention-getting noise. It's fun to watch people stand up for their own convictions, particularly if they have to do a little soul searching along the way.

Good flick.

Back to work!

~kc

No comments: