Friday, March 21, 2008

Vantage Point

A brief post for this Good Friday evening. Went to see Vantage Point tonight for a lark. The first 3/4 of the movie wasn't bad, apart from the requisite wild-eyed (and paper-thin) standard-issue terrorists, and a really, really high body count. The suspense level was pretty good, though, until the jingoism settled in over the final half hour or so. Not a good sign when there is scattered laughter from the audience in response to hackneyed dialogue and implausible action.

Ah, well. It was a good cast -- surprising to see Sigourney Weaver (looking marvellously her real age -- way to go, Sigourney!) in such a small part. It was nice to see William Hurt again. Forrest Whittaker was a bit wasted in his role, but I always love watching him, regardless. And Dennis Quaid and Matthew Fox did yeoman's service, both playing just enough against type to keep it interesting.



And to end on a softer note - in honour of the first full day of spring, I give you --

a passel of puppies.

These lads and lassies are but two days old, and need to remain anonymous for now. All will be revealed in good time...

In the meantime, I defy you to resist their charms.

Happy Springtime!

~kc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one (I wish!)! (Of the puppies... though a MacBook would be nice, too.) Glad to hear that Spring has Sprung in your neck of the woods. I'm still ....
Shivering in Surrey.
(And thanks for the Vantage review. I may just stay home.)

kc dyer said...

Hope you are shivering less in Surrey today, Lois -- I'm heading there tomorrow!

~kc