Monday, March 02, 2009

Launch Week Mystery Guest #1

Well, here we are at last. My new book, A WALK THROUGH A WINDOW should be popping up on bookstore shelves as of tomorrow, and I'm very happy to deliver this most recent baby to all my readers.

To celebrate, Darby Christopher, [the bossy heroine of the story] is conducting a series of interviews on her blog, which will be excerpted here. Each generous author [and their publishing house] featured is giving away a free copy of a book, and to win, all you have to do is leave a comment below, or over on Darby's blog.





Just to make things interesting, I'm offering a little mystery-guest disguise here, as a teaser.


Any ideas yet as to the identity of this mysterious pirate?


For another hint, here's a short excerpt from today's interview...

Darby: If you had a chance to walk through a window into the past, where would you go?

Mystery Guest: This is a hard question to answer, because there are so many places and times I'd like to go. In fact, my idea of heaven has always been a place full of windows into the past. I think I wouldn't want to stay in one place very long (lack of personal hygene in the past being one good reason to keep visits brief), but I would like to get a good look through a lot of different windows.

Darby: Ha! I guess that means my book would be perfect for you. If you did go back in the past is there anyone special you’d like to meet?
I'd like to meet the artist Emily Carr when she was about age 8 and age 14 to see if she was anything like I imagined her to be in my novels "Discovering Emily" and "Emily's Dream." I'd also like to look around 1880s Victoria while I was there.

Figured it out yet?

Why not put your best guess in the comments and then hie on over to Darby's Blog to find out if you are correct!

Here's a final little hint for you -- our mystery author mentioned Emily Carr in her interview. We will be offering a free SIGNED copy of DISCOVERING EMILY to the winner of today's draw. All you have to do to win is enter a comment below. I'll do a draw and announce the winner tomorrow. Good luck!

Now head on over to Darby's page and read the full interview...see you there!

~kc

UPDATE: We have a winner! Check here: http://tinyurl.com/c2c7xy to see if it is you!

3 comments:

deltay said...

Haha, Jacqueline Pearce looks pretty cool as a pirate!

kc dyer said...

She does indeed! I think it may be her secret identity...

~kc

Paradox said...

I'd never heard of Discovering Emily until now, but it sounds interesting.