Thursday, December 11, 2008

Seasonal Suggestions for Teens -- December 11th


























So, here we are...two weeks until Christmas. Chanukah runs December 22 -29th this year. December 22 is also winter solstice (scene of much pagan celebration around these parts this year, I can tell you...). Kwanzaa begins December 26th.

All wonderful reasons to celebrate in a world filled with empty stockings. If part of your gift-giving ritual, whatever it may be, includes sharing with someone else, may I point you to boing boing, where Cory Doctorow has put up an excellent compendium of charitable organizations who need your help.

And don't forget the SPCA -- we've talked about them before.

Reminder of a couple of upcoming events -- my buddy CC Humphreys is doing a reading downtown in the Alma Van Dusen room of the Vancouver Public Library (main branch) this Friday, December 12th at 7:30 pm. And...

Lee Edward Fodi, James McCann and I are doing a Holiday Book Signing at Once Upon a Huckleberry Bush (4387 Main Street, Vancouver) this Sunday, December 14th from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.

Then next week, I'll be off to CWC WinterCamp, 2008, where I have a mammoth role-playing-game set up for a little holiday fun in my classes. See you there, guys!

Uh...and at some point, I'd better turn my mind to Christmas shopping... anybody have any Seasonal Suggestions for me? If you do, post 'em in the comments. I'm collecting up all the names of December commenters and putting 'em in a draw for a signed copy of MS. ZEPHYR'S NOTEBOOK. I think I'll do the draw on December 22nd, in honour of all things solstice. So get your name in there -- and help me with my shopping!




~kc

No comments: