Saturday, December 13, 2008

Seasonal Suggestions for Teens -- December 13


I am a liar. A prevaricator. A provocateur.

I am not a shopper.

Been shopping all day.

V. dead, as Bridget Jones might be wont to say, if she was tired from shopping, though, I seem to recall she was pretty fond of the whole thing, actually.

Anyway -- my Seasonal Suggestion today comes from blogger, moderator and all things extraordinary Monique Trottier. Monique -- just minutes ago -- blogged about her experience opening her collector's edition of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, by JK Rowling. (You can also find the standard edition, HERE.)

Now, it just so happens that I saw a copy of this very book today, whilst on my exhaustive travels. And if this is not on your list to buy for anyone as yet, allow me to suggest you add it. Jo Rowling is donating all net proceeds of the book (which, for the uninitiated, means all the money that would go to her after everyone else has been paid) to Children's High Level Group charity in the UK. A very cool act by one very cool writer.

Pee Ess

Should anyone ask, the collector's edition is also on MY list....

Happy Holidays!

~kc

1 comment:

A Novel Woman said...

Well, I just wandered over to Amazon JUST to have a look, nothing more, just a PEEK and the next thing you know, my fingers were doing the walking and....and....well...

You can tell my husband what I just did.